A Question on the Reading Lists

Over at Times Flow Stemmed Kevin asked if there were authors who might eventually make the five who were not there yet  And I have answers both contemporary (presently less than 5 that I'm aware of) and past (more than 5 but I just caught on):

on the contemporary side:

I heartily endorse and agree with Anthony at Times Flow Stemmed in my first

Yiyun Li
Maaza Mengiste
Uwem Akpan
Arvinda Adiga
Helen Simonson
Julie Orringer (a review of whose book should be forthcoming)
Zoe Heller
Chimamanda Ngozi Adiechie
Jhumpa Lahiri
Rohinton Mistry (He may have 5 that I've read, but I can only recall 4)
Diane Setterfield


Recent but new to me:

J. M. G. LeClézio
Imre Kertesz
Jonathan Tropper
Amelie Nothomb
Maeve Brennan (although I'm not certain she has 5)

List of Writers for whom I would have 5 if they did:

Madeleine St. John
Charlotte Bronte
Anne Bronte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night