Hitchens Diagnosed with Cancer

From The Commonplace Blog: earlier this week Christopher Hitchens canceled a series of speaking engagements.  Hitchens has announced that he is undergoing treatment for esophageal cancer..

Despite my own strong dislike of some of his views and pronouncements, I must join with the blogkeeper at The Commonplace Blog that to lose such a vibrant and integral and challenging voice would be a tremendous loss.  And sneer or not, I will add a prayer for Mr. Hitchens's recovery to my daily round.  I encourage all of my believing friends and readers to do likewise--and those who are not believers, I encourage you to express your solidarity with this unfortunate change in circumstances in whatever ways are most appropriate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night