New Year's Dellight--Daniel Grandbois

Sorting through the list I posted previously, glancing at a page, a paragraph, a sentence--sorting and deciding what might come next, I happened upon the following:

from "The Yarn"
in Unlucky Lucky Days
Daniel Grandbois

A skein of yarn was unwound and wound in the shy hours before dawn. Yarn is naturally nocturnal and achieves locomotion by unwinding and then winding. This particular purple skein would have been fifty yards end to end, had a bramble not caught and kept a long piece of its tail months before. Undomesticated yarns can live up to a year.

The end of this very short story, similar in many respects to the stories of Lydia Davis caught me by surprise and had me laughing out loud.  I hope that the other stories are as unexpected and eventful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night