Mary Karr

Mary Karr's conversion story--from agnostic to cafeteria Catholic.  (Caution: somewhat "salty" language and metaphor.) I found Lit distressing to the point of being unable to finish--but perhaps I should try again.

And given that I started my Catholicism as a cafeteria Catholic, and it is only through force of will and acknowledgment of my own inadequacies that I don't slip back myself, I have enormous respect for those who find the strength to make the leap.  It is far more difficult to move from agnosticism to faith than it is to make the same leap from point of view of an atheist.  At least an atheist starts from faith--a negative faith, but faith nevertheless.

Found at Reading for Believers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night