This Review Surprises Me--The Lovely Bones

The Lovely Bones--Film

I have to admit, the positive review of this film actually surprised me.  It is evident that Mr. Jackson must have taken a huge deviation from the source materials to get so positive a review from this trusted reviewer.  What I recall most about the book (although, it certainly wasn't the only feature, and you all are already aware of my quirks when it comes to reading) is the notion of heaven as a waiting room for revenge/justice.  It does not sound as though that element plays out as strongly in the film.  Still, given the subject matter, it is unlikely that I would be able to endure it, so I leave it to others to find out and comment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night