Books I Wish I Hadn't Read

Books I Wish I Hadn't Read

or, for that matter started.  The first I can think of is Lolita.  This is swiftly followed, for a variety of reasons by The Dying Animal  (although, that is a much more mixed bag--there were just elements that were too nauseating for words and images I can't seem to get out of my head--much for the worse).  Ann Patchett's Bel Canto  and Berniere's Captain Corelli's Mandolin are on the list of over-hyped works--they are probably fine, but they are not nearly so fine as their various fans would make them out to be.  These are kind of the major league hitters. 

There are others that are more frivolous, so I can't say they fall in this league--they are regrettable only in that the time could have been better spent with better books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night