So, Then, What Constitutes a Lie?

The Nature of  a Lie

Proceeding from the natural law premise that all lying is immoral, one is then faced with the question of what constitutes a lie. 

All I can say is that if it takes this much thinking to resolve so little a problem, my life in philosophy would ultimately be a life of complete paralysis.  Also, given my obstinacy with respect to accepting "self-evident" axioms on which many of the arguments are based, I'm afraid I would be continually floundering.  Knowing this, I stay away from any but the most shallow philosophical discussions outside the realm of aesthetics, which I'm willing to argue for years because so little actually depends upon the outcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night