The Other Brontë

Review: Agnes Grey

Comments

  1. Steven,

    Have you read much by the Brontes? I have read only the "must reads," the ones I guess most people have read--_Jane Eyre_ and _Wuthering Heights_.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred,

    From the poems of Acton, Ellis, and Curer to The Professor, I believe I've read "the complete works." Were I to make recommendations myself, I'd confine my reading to Jane Eyre (I don't even care for Wuthering Heights as a novel--I do like it for some of its more interesting supernatural elements and for its place in the family oeuvre.)

    But, to those interested in the novel of the period, there is much to be derived from reading Anne and Charlotte's lesser known work.

    shalom,

    Steven

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night