A Guy Posts His List of Fifteen Authors

His list of 15

My List of 15 Authors Whose Work I Just Can't Forget--some of which will surprise no one who's been around for any length of time

1. Jame Joyce
2. Virginia Woolf
3. William Shakespeare
4. Translators of the KJV
5. John Donne
6. Wallace Stevens
7. H. P. Lovecraft
8. Edgar Allan Poe
9. Charles Baudelaire
10. Henry Fielding
11. John Keats
12. Bram Stoker
13. Mikhail Bulgakov
14. Yasunari Kawabata
15. Rohinton Mistry
16. Henry James

The first 10 came very rapidly, the last five, I had to think a bit.  The last two trailed considerably and then popped into my head simultaneously so I didn't know which one to choose--mon lecteur (we'll avoid the harsher epithet), mon sembable, mon frere are thus blessed with both.  I did try to weed out anyone I've read very recently because I'm not certain the work has stayed with me yet.

Oops, and two that I thought about at the top of the list, but names were pouring out were Flannery O'Connor and Walker Percy.  Guess that brings me to 18, and if I add J. R. R. Tolkien, and C. S. Lewis, I'm at twenty.  Oh, and Charles Williams.  Guess I keep violating the spirit of the thing, don't I?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night