Neurobabble and Real Science of the Mind

Neurobabble and Real Science of the Mind

via Maverick Philosopher

I love neuroscience.  Or more particularly, I love some of the strange things that can be encountered in the science of the mind--synaesthesia is most particularly interesting to me.  But I've often found myself frustrated with neuroscience for reasons I couldn't quite pinpoint.  It often seemed as though explanations were offered that explained nothing.  Or that explanations went off in search of a problem.  There was something distinctly unsatisfying with my encounters.  This article goes a long way toward explaining it and offering a glimpse of what the author calls a real science of the mind.  As to that, I cannot say because the fields he talks about are news to me--but they look like they may be fruitful areas in which to read in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night