Isaac Asimov--A Mentor and a Hero

This review of The End of Eternity, reminded me of my debt to Isaac Asimov.

In my youngest days, the works of Isaac Asimov--particularly The Foundation Trilogy sparked and fed a continual sense of wonder. In my convention-going days, I was able to meet and talk with the Legend and found that he was an ordinary, affable, congenial, pleasant companion for short stints.  (I cannot comment on more because I only spent a short time with him--dinner or such--each time we met--but I always enjoyed our conversation and interaction).  One could do worse than to revisit the works of Mr. Asimov--or if interested in exploring science fiction to visit them for the first time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night