A gentle reader requested to know a bit more about Torgny Lindgren. And so ever one to oblige those seeking knowledge about my favorite writers, you all shall be punished for his curiosity. I have only five books, I don't know how many are available in translation: The Way of a Serpent , Light , Sweetness , Bathsheba , and Merab's Beauty . The first three that remain most vividly in my mind--the first a story about a wicked landlord who collects the rent from a family in rural Sweden and when the money runs out begins to exploit the women of the household. The title is taken from proverbs 30:19 the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid. (KJV) And though my recollection is at something of a distance now, at least two, and possibly all three of these is developed in the course of a very short novel. Perhaps the best description of the book is gritty and realistic. I...
i'm no expert but i don't think you should have to do that... i have the blogs i'm interested on Safari and just click on them when i want to go there(i have a Mac...) google has instituted a password system that may be hanging you up like it did me before i got mrs. M to fix it...
ReplyDeleteIf there is, I'm not aware of it. That's exactly what I do.
ReplyDeleteThat's odd because my blog has a follow button in the side column. I wonder if it's something you have to go out of your way to set up. If so I must have done so when I established the new template. Beautiful sea blue!
ReplyDeleteI follow via e-mail. Blogger did something incredibly stupid by "hiding" their "reading list"; so, I have needed to get e-mail updates. Most blogs have this option somewhere in their sidebar. Look for the word "Feedburner" if all else fails!
ReplyDelete