DFW v. BEE

Foster and Ellis together again not for the last time

I truly wish I could get through Foster's longer works.  I've managed two short stories--but I am so put off by post-modern games in literature that I find it impossible to read.  On the other hand Ellis created a sort of sick tour de force in Less than Zero and has not since equaled that early work. Of the two, I would like to like Foster and find Ellis unreadable, but for me, it is exactly the reverse.  And because Ellis is readable but had nothing of interest to say--I find that I cannot read either.

By the way, the blogpost referenced above is an elegant consideration of the two writers well worth your attention if you are interested in either of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night