Twelve Worst Campuses for Free Speech

Twelve Worst Campuses for Free Speech

One of the things we seem to have forgotten is that every freedom has its price.  The price of free speech is, among other things, the serious risk that you will hear someone say something you don't care for--something hateful.  This is precisely when the right is most important.  I want to hear people say exactly what is on their minds because then I have a much better idea as to whether this is the sort of person with whom I wish to spend time.  I love to see demonstrations of groups burning the flag, because it gives me important information about them I would not otherwise have. Suppression of free speech to attain a superficial peace is a guarantee that there will be no peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night