Are We Perhaps Taking our Potter a Mite Too Seriously?

Harry Potter, Snob?

Harry Potter and the Incredibly Conservative Aristocratic Children's Club

Let's ban him for the witchery and rule breaking.  Let's ban him for the bad politics.  Let's ban him for the hidden messages about accepting "differences."  Let's leave him alone and appreciate.

While I found the most recent movie fairly well made, it was to me an interminable agony of teen angst and awkwardness (hence its wild popularity in that demographic).  These are years to which I would rather not return so vividly either in my life or in my cinema.  However, to spend one's time reading into these awkward mishmashes of concerns designed to part the troubled teen from his or her money seems an outrageous overexpenditure of intellectual capital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night