The Purposes of a New Blog

One of the purposes of this new blog for me is to encourage writing--to give me the time and the space that I need to reflect carefully on what I read and share the thoughts with those who are interested as I begin to churn them around into the things that I write.  It is to examine the theory of the agon of the author and to see which influences I incorporate and which I struggle against as I try to put together mny own works.  In short, it is a place to think out loud, and to share with anyone who cares to read some fruits of that thought.  Perhaps the reader will encounter a work that they have not considered reading, or perhaps a reader will have a different insight into a work that I have been interested in--a new key that opens another, previously unseen door. 

That is part of what I want to do here, and it seems better here, in its own place, rather than competing for space and breathing room in a blog that is supposed to be a sustained reflection on Carmelite matters.  By creating this separate space, it will, perhaps force the issue on the other blog, and perhaps I can return to sharing what little there is to share regarding my spiritual life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night