A gentle reader requested to know a bit more about Torgny Lindgren. And so ever one to oblige those seeking knowledge about my favorite writers, you all shall be punished for his curiosity. I have only five books, I don't know how many are available in translation: The Way of a Serpent , Light , Sweetness , Bathsheba , and Merab's Beauty . The first three that remain most vividly in my mind--the first a story about a wicked landlord who collects the rent from a family in rural Sweden and when the money runs out begins to exploit the women of the household. The title is taken from proverbs 30:19 the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid. (KJV) And though my recollection is at something of a distance now, at least two, and possibly all three of these is developed in the course of a very short novel. Perhaps the best description of the book is gritty and realistic. I...
Congratulations! Will there be details?
ReplyDelete~scottgfbailey
Dear Mr Bailey,
ReplyDeleteThank you. Certainly as the date approaches, there shall be more information. Thank you for asking!
shalom,
Steven
Steven,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.
Congrats!
ReplyDeleteFred and Jeff,
ReplyDeleteThank you both. With your high tolerance of SF, Fred, you may find much to like once it is published. The work has been described by my collaborator as "Alice in Wonderland goes through the wormhole at the edge of expanding space and returns the Count of Monte Cristo." Succinct but not entirely inaccurate description.
shalom,
Steven
Congratulations. I'm looking forward to reading it.
ReplyDeleteGood news...congratulations!
ReplyDeleteSteven,
ReplyDelete"Alice in Wonderland goes through the wormhole at the edge of expanding space and returns the Count of Monte Cristo."
Sounds interesting--part of China Mieville's "New Weird" movement?