Some Interesting Approaches

The Literary Platform

And Netgalley.

This latter was brought to my attention yesterday and it consists of a site you can sign up on to receive electronic galleys for review of forthcoming books.  I selected three from the Houghton-Mifflin Harcourt publisher catalog (because they are well-known and have produced some interesting work in the past), but there are a number of other publishers there including smaller presses.  Saves the publisher money on galley copies, but gets the word out there.  An interesting concept, I wonder how it will catch on.

One nice thing is that you don't have to read on-line.  I had the books sent to my Kindle.  However, the books are DRM and expire after sixty days.  Although, I will have to verify, because I just got my first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night