Open Culture notes: Faulkner

Faulkner reading from As I Lay Dying

If you are not already acquainted with Faulkner, if you've wanted to dive into the pool, but couldn't quite make out the bathymetry, you could do worse than to choose this as your entry point.  Told from the point of view of perhaps 20 some-odd characters, with the main focus on two or three of those (the Bundren Family and hangers-on) As I Lay Dying is a mordant comedy of manners of the Old South; when I read it I came to a deep understanding of some of the shenanigans I had seen (or was to see) in my own family.

Other articles of note from Open Culture Today:

Review of the iPad as e-book reader


The strange new world of nanoscience  probably better termed nanotechnology.  Nano science would imply that somehow science had shrunk overnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert de Boron and the Prose Merlin

Another Queen of Night