Why I Am Catholic: Because of Martin Luther. . .

"Because of Martin Luther, the Council of Trent, and My Husband"

Unlike the author of this post, a Catholic who had become a relaxed Catholic and through her father-in-law and grace rejoined active practice, I started my life of faith as a protestant--a Baptist, to be precise.  Eventually, through many involutions, experiments and trials, I came to the Catholic Church.  But I have recently been reminded of the fact that the Church needs its watchdogs, those who are willing to bay and howl when things are going wrong.  Luther experienced and fought against one kind of abuse, and we face another kind today that must be eradicated.  We do well to love the church even as we savage the practices of those whose action defame her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Queen of Night

Lewis Carroll and James Joyce